Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012-the year of the funny

1-31 Susan(6), Raymond(12), and I were talking about Sinbad. Susan said, "I think he's a nomad." I was curious as to her reasoning and word choice, so I asked, "What's a nomad?" She replied, "Someone who's never mad? You know they have no mads?"

2-1 At first I thought it was temporary holiday confusion...but it's still going strong. Over the holidays, 1yo Hannah started calling Chris...momma and me...dad. I thought it was just because Chris was home more and she could go to either of us for anything. It is not really a problem per se...but it does get a little strange sometimes, like today at church, when Chris came back in sacrament meeting and Hannah yelled "MOM!" and ran to him. ***update..we are now both mom. Very rarely she calls Chris Dad...still don't know why.

2-10 We made brownies..whole wheat flour and honey. I put two on my plate and Susan says "Who are those for?" "For me!" I say. "Mom!" she says, "You can't have those." "I can sue...there isn't sugar in them, it's okay" "But mom", she says "If you want to have another baby you need to eat healthy and brownies aren't healthy!" my very own nutrition nazi/baby pusher.

2-12 A Restful Sunday afternoon finds me sitting alone in the rocking chair dinking around on Facebook. Susan comes up "Mom, since you're bored, I brought two books, a pillow, a blanket...and ME!"

4-15 So we're in church singing the hymn before taking the sacrament (the Lord's super). Well Chris is singing beautifully and I'm distracting the toddler by letting her put stickers all over my face. She finally is interested in another past time and I work on removing the stickers. I think they're all gone, but I don't want to go the whole day with a random sticker on my face. So I lean over and interrupt my husband's intent singing with a simple question "Do I have a sticker on my nose?" He looks at me like he has never heard of stickers, is completely unfamiliar with children and isn't so sure he knows me either. He points to where the last remaining sticker is and returns to singing..very confused. I lean over and say "Hey...you prepare for the sacrament your way, and I'll prepare for the sacrament my way!"

9/2 We are talking about Rebecca and Susan's birthday. We are talking about how Grandma Kelly has died, and that's why they didn't get a birthday card from her. I said "There just isn't a post office in heaven, why do you think that is?" Susan says "Because they don't have electricity yet?"

12/12/12 Susan comments on my very squishy post baby belly..."It's SO soft and squishy, no WONDER Rachel liked it in there!"

12/12/12 We have a wonderful baby and name her Rachel Barbara. Her middle name reminds us of Chris' wonderful mother. Our children never called grandma by her given name so instead of bringing to mind their grandma...they think of this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpcf_qD3GW4

12-22 Ben has a great love for his now 15yo sister Natalie on her birthday, so although his 9yo self must sing that she looks like a monkey,and he did notice she climbs like a monkey, he doesn't think she smells like one!

12-24 We read Luke 2 and act out the story...it starts out with 16yo Kalani mimicking MY pregnancy waddle. It was so funny. The story continued with an angel dressed in black. A shepherd who cowered then climbed said angel to see the baby better. The three wise men who were unsure about the direction east, and dressed -one with a tutu on her head and another as a leprechaun chef. Never a dull moment.

12-31 As part of our new year's eve festivities we were playing charades. Chris chose this last moment of 2012 to court death by pretending to be pregnant me--I would ask if I really walk like that when I'm pregnant but I DON'T want to know. Especially funny was the 16yos outrage that dad would mock his wife when she did hte very same thing days before.

3 comments:

Kalani Kelly said...

9/2 and 2-12 were my favorite's, and sorry Mom, I cannot remember any more funny's, mostly cause we stayed up till three last night.

gloria said...

Fun to read and funny. So wonderful that you write them down

Heather said...

Hi Kelly family! I was hoping you could answer my question about your blog! My name is Heather and my email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com