Tuesday, September 2, 2008

a real writer

Everyone says you are not a real writer until you receive your first rejection notice. When I sent my story in last January I knew that could happen. I just assumed that this could be different. time passed. Some friends reminded me that the longer they keep it the better. It means they like it enough to put time into it. AFter six and a half months I gently inquired and this is what I got back...

Dear Ms. Kelly,

Thank you for submitting Miracle of the Gulls and for being so patient
with us. After careful consideration, we have come to the conclusion
that it is not something that fits our publishing needs. We apologize
for how long it has been, but we wanted to give the manuscript every
possible chance.

We appreciate the skills, effort, and time that have gone into preparing
your manuscript.

Best wishes in your future writing endeavors.

Sincerely,

The Editors
Covenant Communications, Inc.


I'm officially a writer...and looking for a new publishing company.

5 comments:

BonBon said...

Way to be positive. That was very funny and sad. I did not know whether to laugh or cry for you.

Good luck and keep trying...

P.S. I was glad to hear from Jeremy that you made it there ok. It should be nice to have family close in such a far away land. That would scare me to death to move so far away. You are brave...

MacWizard said...

Have you considered publishing it yourself?

Maria said...

You are amazing Britt! I hope things are going well for you all way over there. I sure miss seeing you around here.

mama said...

I am planning on resubmitting to another publisher...

Thanks for all the thoughts.

april leavitt said...

Hi! I miss you! I have been unable to get in touch, but wanted to know you are missed! Love ya,
April