Monday, February 25, 2008

my baby is longer than your baby!

My baby is longer than your baby! I have the longest two month old on record at the doctor's office. Here is how it happened:

Yesterday was Abi's mirthday and today was her doctor's appointment. She weighs 11 pounds and 2.5 ounces. The nurse enters 11 pounds into the computer. HUH. She is measured. I don't pay all that much attention here but somehow 39 inches is what is entered into the computer. That is a rather miraculous jump of 19 inches from her birth length!

In other news she is darling! Here she is smiling with her mirthday bear. Lydia is in the corner making her smile...

3 comments:

Tamster said...

Wow! That is pretty amazing! She more than doubled her length in 2 months! Incredible! That would be long even for David and Tresa! :-) Aren't you glad she wasn't that long inside of you and that she waited until she got out to have that amazing growth spurt?! ;-)
Very cute! :-)

Kelly Family said...

In a way it's funny and harmless. It does make me nervous though. Medicine demands attention to detail. I don't want her accidentally giving my child 19 more ml of medicine!

Tamster said...

That was dumb. For some reason, the comment I just entered didn't go through; it gave me an error message and told me to try again. Annoying. Anyway, I said something like this:
That is a very good, but scary, point. They do need to make sure they're paying close attn. to what they are doing--with EVERY patient. :-)